Video does not work
If your webcam is not showing any video, please follow the steps below:
- Close applications other than Lindy that use your webcam and microphone.
- On Windows, the operating system will prevent two or more applications using the webcam at the same time. The result of this will frequently be a black video screen. Make sure all other applications are closed when you take the interview.
- On Mac, the operating system allows two or more applications to to use the webcam concurrently. However, some of our candidates report that occasionally the video still does not work. The issue is usually resolved with a restart or using a different browser.
- Lack of audio could be either because of some speaker issues, or the fact that your microphone is muted/disallowed.
- If nothing seems to work, restart your computer to ensure that the camera is not being used by another application. You can log back into the interview via the link that you received in your email. Make sure that other applications, such as Skype and FaceTime are closed as they may open automatically when you restart the computer.
- Use a newer web browser. For the most up-to-date list of supported platforms and web browsers, see our browser and platform support page.
- Visit your device's support and downloads page to update the webcam driver. We've compiled some links for you below.